How do I find a peer-reviewed article?

From the Evans Library’s homepage, type your topic/subject into the OneSearch search box in the center of the screen. Narrow the results to Scholarly (peer-reviewed) journals using the filters on the left.


Is the Library hiring students?

The library employs students throughout the academic year in Federal Work Study (FWS) and College Roll positions.  FWS positions are available to students that have been awarded FWS as part of their financial aid package.  College Roll positions are open to all students.

View and apply for FWS positions through Workday.  Look for FWS Only in the  job Title.

View and apply for College Roll positions through Workday. Look for NOT FWS Eligible in the job Title.

To apply for either FWS or College Roll positions

  • Sign into Workday using your Tracks account information (students must be connected on-campus for full Workday functionality).
  • From the Workday home page, select the Career worklet/icon (included in Applications)
  • Select Find Student Jobs, search library and complete the appropriate application (FWS Only or NOT FWS Eligible).


How do I print?

Printing and copying are available for 10¢ per page for black and white and 40¢ per page for color. Printing and copying may only be paid for using a Florida Tech ID. Panther Cash can be added to student accounts using the Panther Cash Acount option under Student Deposits. Cash deposits must be made at the Cashiers Office in the L3Harris Commons Building.

  • Evans Library - All Floors + DSL
  • Evans Hall Lab
  • Olin Engineering Complex - First Floor Lab and Second Floor Lounge
  • Harris Commons - Second Floor Psychology Lab - Room #260
  • Babcock Oaks - College of Business Lounge

To print remotely from your mobile device simply save your document as a PDF and email the PDF to mobileprinting@fit.edu using your @fit.edu or @my.fit.edu email account. Your print job will remain in the queue for 24 hours and can be picked up at any of the above campus locations.


Can librarians edit my papers?

Librarians can help you format a paper and cite sources using a specific style, but the Library offers Grammarly Premium free for students to provide in-text grammar and writing help. Both the  Academic Support Center and the Writer’s Den offer one-on-one writing assistance to students.


Where can I get writing help?

Both the Academic Support Center (ASC) and the Writer’s Den offer writing assistance to students.  You can make an appointment to meet one-on-one with an English instructor through the ASC. The Library also offers Grammarly Premium free for students to provide in-text writing and grammar help.


Can I get office free as a student?

Yes! You can install Office 365 on your personal device for free. As a student, you also have access to additional free or discounted software and hardware. When signing into Office 365 you will need to use your Tracks ID @fit.edu.


How can I fax?

The Copy Center offers faxing service to locations within the United States.  The Copy Center is located in the Academic Quad building 406 and is open 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Faxing is a $2 flat fee for anywhere in Florida and a $3 flat fee for anywhere else in the U.S.


How can I get on Wi-Fi?

You will need to physically be on campus to register your devices to use the wireless network. You will need  your TRACKS account login and password to register. When you search for wifi on your device, you will need to choose the "Eduroam" connection.

If you have recently changed your Tracks password you will need to reconnect to the Eduroam network and update your credentials. On some devices this means you will need to forget or disconnect from Eduroam and then reconnect entering your updated login information.


Do you have textbooks?

The Library owns some textbooks and some professors loan copies of current textbooks to the Library for student use. These books are available at the iDesk and check out for two hours at a time in the Library only.  Some older editions of textbooks are available on the 4th Floor and can be checked out of the Library for two weeks at a time.  However, as a rule, the Library does not purchase textbooks, and does not have textbooks for all courses. Check the catalog under Course Reserves to see if the textbook you are looking for is available.


Can you help me with my resume?

Career Services offers resume reviews, cover letter critiques, and workshops on resume writing.  You can request an appointment online or visit their office in Harris Commons Room 307, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 


Where is ___ on campus?

You can search any location on the interactive Florida Tech campus map.


How do I cite a paper?

To cite a paper, you will need to know the citation style required for the assignment. The Library has many resources available to assist you with proper citations:


How do I find a book?

You can search for a specific book in the library catalog by author, title, keyword or other fields using the dropdown menu next to the search bar. The catalog will tell you the call number and location of the physical book or the link to the ebook. The catalog also offers options for browsing, searching  Course Reserves and advanced searching.


How do I reserve a room in the library?

If you are in the Library, you can make a same-day reservation using the self-service, touchscreen room reservation kiosk on the first floor. Otherwise, you can use the online reservation system to reserve up to three rooms at a time for any time or date.  


Do you accept book donations?

The Library welcomes donations of current textbooks or other current course materials from Florida Tech students and faculty. Please bring your donations to the Library iDesk. We are no longer accepting large book donations or donations from community members. 


How do I find yearbooks/catalogs/photographs?

A limited number of hardcopy Florida Tech yearbooks are available for purchase through the Alumni Association. The university maintains the current and archived copies of course catalogs.  For other requests, please contact archives@fit.edu


How do I convert a PDF to a PDF/A?

To convert a PDF to a PDF/A, you must use Adobe Acrobat Pro which is available on the macs in the Library DSL and on the microform reader on the Library first floor. Your thesis or dissertation must be converted to PDF/A, from PDF or Word,  to submit it to the Scholarship Repository upon graduation.


How do I find a book/article that the library doesn’t own?

If you have determined that the Library does not own the article or book you are looking for, you may submit a request for the material through Interlibrary Loan. Sign in with your Tracks account and provide the details to request your item. You will receive an email when the item arrives. Scanned articles will be delivered directly to your ILL account where you may also view outstanding requests and renew interlibrary loan books.


Can I borrow my textbook through interlibrary loan?

Textbooks are not available through interlibrary loan due to high demand. Previous editions of textbooks used for your course may be requested, but the checkout period is limited to several weeks.  


 Do alumni have access to Library resources?

To ensure a safe environment for the campus community, access to the library is limited to current Florida Tech students, staff, and faculty. The Library has created a guide of freely available resources for alumni. Publicly available information and articles can also be accessed through Open Access databases listed in the library's A-Z database list. They are noted as Open Access under the database name.  


Can you help me format my thesis/dissertation?

GradTrack provides graduate students with helpful information specifically for graduate students. The Theses & Dissertations section includes templates for Word and LaTeX. For additional formatting help, contact your library liaison. 


What is the physical address of the library?

The library is located at 2949 Science Circle, Melbourne FL. The most convenient parking lot is Lot 16, the Babcock Street Lot.


What is the CraftLab?

Evans Library’s CraftLab is available for Florida Tech students, faculty and staff. You can use vinyl and sublimation to create unique t-shirts, mugs, keychains, and more in this space. Thanks to generous donations, we have equipment available for students to use free of charge. We have a limited selection of materials for the creation of individual projects. Clubs and other larger groups can also design personalized t-shirts and other promotional items. Stop by Evans Library room 108 and check out the possibilities or email Kristin Heifner (kheifner@fit.edu) for more information.