About government information
The United States Government publishes authoritative research and statistics on aeronautics, agriculture, business, the economy, demographics, diseases, energy, engineering, the environment, manufacturing, nutrition, space, weather, and most other subjects. It also documents the functioning of our democracy by publishing the papers and actions of the President and federal agencies, the laws and proceedings of Congress, the opinions of the courts, and other information for citizens ranging from disaster preparedness to finding jobs to patents and trademarks and much, much more.
About government information and the Federal Depository Library Program at Evans Library
As a member of the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP), the Evans Library is dedicated to making information from and about the federal government available and understandable to all citizens of Brevard County. There is a large collection of older print documents, and essential titles such as laws and regulations still arrive in print. However, the majority of current information is online and may be reached through the Library's catalog or a government information research guide.
Free access for all
- Everyone is welcome to use the documents collection within the library. You do not have to be a Florida Tech student, faculty, or staff member.
- You may check out most documents with a Florida Tech ID or a valid ID from Eastern Florida State College or University of Central Florida. Exceptions are reference documents and periodicals, all of which are labeled "Reference" or "For Library Use Only."
- Non-university patrons may use the documents within the library, or may have their public library borrow a document through its interlibrary loan system.
Contacts, hours, and location
- Phone: (321) 674-8021
- Fax: (321) 724-2559
Search the U.S. Government's official web portal
Search Evans Library's government resources
Get help finding government information
- Ask a librarian at Evans Library
- Ask a federal government information specialist (1-844-USA-GOV1 or email)