High Tech with a Human Touch
Resources & Services for Distance Learning/Off-Campus Programs
The Evans Library provides valuable resources and services to all Florida Tech faculty, students, and staff, including those who participate in extended, distance learning, online, or off-campus programs.
Web access to the library resources and services is through the library's homepage. Use the main headings on the front page, the menu at the left and/or the Express Links to get to these resources and services.
Access Instructions - Find information on how to access the library's resources and services.
Find research resources under the Resources menu. Here are a few to get you started:
- A to Z Databases - provides access to over 150 licensed databases and over 65 free Florida Tech discipline-related databases.
- Summon perform a Google-like search of Library materials including journal articles, books, and much more.
- A to Z Journal List - provides direct access to thousands of full-text journals and articles.
- Government Resources - connects to federal, state, and international government information.
- Library catalog - information about the books, periodicals, government documents and multimedia owned by the Library.
- Reference Sources - links to standard (dictionaries, encyclopedias, manuals, handbooks) and non-traditional sources.
- RefWorks - an online citation management database that allows you to import references from online database, organize and manage references, and create online bibliographies.
- Sites by Discipline - links to highly regarded sites grouped by disciplines, including distance/online learning sites.
Research Help and Instruction
A variety of guides, tools, and other instructional materials assist in using the Evans Library website and performing research.
- Ask a Librarian - online chat and email service that allows patrons to communicate directly with a research librarian.
- E-LEARN (Evans Library Electronically Accessible Research Notebook) is an Internet-accessible research tutorial designed to acquaint students with the resources and services available on the library's homepage.
- Interlibrary Loans - Access to materials not found in Evans Library.
- Library Website Overview - a brief summary of the Library website's resources and features.
- Research Guides - Find research assistance, subject guides and other useful resources compiled by Florida Tech librarians and other research consultants.
- SlideShare Presentations - General and course-specific instructional presentations.
- Smarthinking - Access this online tutoring service on ANGEL or through your Online Learning homepage.
- Tutorials - Step-by-step guide to conducting research in the Evans Library.
Please use Ask a Librarian on the library website for your questions and comments or contact the Information Advocate to the College of Business, Linda Khan, or the Distance Learning Librarian, Cheryl Davis. Please use your Florida Tech email address when contacting us via email. Help is also available by calling the Evans Library Service Desk at 321-674-8086 during library hours.